Check items to add to the cart or select all
Salon Risk Assessment Pack
This Step-by-Step Salon Risk Assessment Pack contains all of the documents needed to complete a full Salon Risk Assessment.
The employer is required by the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 to make, record, review and, where necessary, revise risk assessments as regards all hazards.
The employer also has risk assessment obligations for specific hazards such as relating to:
• display screen work;
• substances hazardous to health;
• manual handling of loads;
• personal protective equipment.
Care is needed to ensure that for any of these specific hazard assessments:
• the requirements of the Management of Health and Safety at Work assessments are met where these exceed the requirements for the specific hazard assessment;
• the requirements for the specific hazard assessment are met where these exceed the requirements of the Management of Health and Safety at Work assessment.
Step-by-Step Risk Assessment Planning.
As with most things, when you don’t know how to do it, it can seem daunting or difficult. What we have tried to achieve with this guide is to lay out an easy to understand risk assessment plan.
Because every business is different it is impossible to provide you with a “complete” risk assessment without a site visit and risk assessment consultation. However the documents provided with this pack will guide you through the process of risk assessment and it also provides all of the documentation needed to complete your risk assessment.
step-by-step provided on Page 8.
1. Ensure that you have read all of this document.
Refer to your risk assessment pack. All Documents are self-explanatory.
2. Use Form B to carry out a risk assessment on all non-electrical and chemical items, products and places that may be hazardous.
3. Use form C to carry out a risk assessment on all electrical items.
4. Use form D1 to carry out a risk assessment on all chemical products.
5. Consolidate all COSHH findings with Form D2.
6. Use form E to carry out an Expectant Mother risk assessment.
7. Use form F to Carry out a Fire Risk assessment.
9. Use for G to carry out a Manual Handling risk assessment for females.
10 Use form H to carry our a Manual Handling risk assessment for males.
11. Use form I to carry out a Risk Assessment Action Plan and ensure that it is completed.
12. You can now consolidate all of the above completed documents into a single file which is your company risk assessment; Good Practice would be to use form J to consolidate all of your individual non- electrical/fire/chemical “risks” risk assessment sheets into one single risk assessment document.
Best practice would be to have these files:
A. General Risk Assessment
B. Fire Risk Assessment
C. COSHH Risk Assessment
D. Expectant Mother Risk Assessment
13. When employees return to work following sick leave use form K to carry out a return to work risk assessment.
14. Following any accident at work complete form L the Internal Accident Investigation Report.
15. Should you have a serious accident at work you need to complete Form M (F2508) Report of Injuries and Dangerous Occurrences.
Our salon contracts are editable and are down-loadable in Microsoft Word format.
For security reasons each document can only be downloaded once. If you download and forget to save your documents please contact us and we will be happy to email copies to you.
Intended for use in England and Wales these documents are templates which allow salon management to construct salon document sets.Please read our Terms and Conditions before making a purchase.